Ginger is commercially grown in almost all the states of north eastern region,
but Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram are the leading ginger
producing states in the region. Meghalaya is second largest producer of this roots spice
in the country as the soil, climate and ecological factors favour the growth of
development of ginger crop.
In Meghalaya ginger is cultivated using very simple traditional methods,
without any application of manures, fertilizers, insecticides etc. The ginger
cultivated in Meghalaya has high essential oil, oleoresin and is known for its
pungent taste and high gingerol content, which empowers ginger powder in
curbing various health hazards.
Due to lack of proper market, the farmers are forced to sell ginger at a lower
price to the middleman. We at Pahari Roots work directly with the farmers to
ensure we can deliver you fresh ginger powder and our farm partners benefit
from fair trade.
Our Sun-dried and hand-pounded Meghalaya gingerpowder is the one spice
you must have at hand to keep you in fine health. A must-have in every Pantry.
This spice is renowned as one of the healthiest spices on the planet earth. It is
rich in properties like antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory,
anti-nausea, and much more.
Powdered dry ginger has warming properties and is known to improves the
cardiovascular system, keeps your respiratory system in tune, increases
appetite, aids digestion, promote weight loss and also serves as a detoxifying
Ginger powder is a highly utilitarian condiment used for culinary and flavoring
purposes. It can be used in curries, baked goods, beverages for making ginger tea,
gingerol, beers, ginger wine. You can even use ginger powder as a
substitute to fresh ginger.
Dry Ginger Powder Strong
We also offer high curcumin Lakadong Turmeric Powder
Ginger Khada drink (cold & cough remedy)
Prep Time: 7 mins
Pahari Roots’ Ing Makhir Ginger Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Tulsi or Holy Basil leaves – 6 to 7
Black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
Black Cardamom – 1 pod of
Green Cardamom – 2 pods
Munaka – 1 (big)
Cloves – 2
Honey- 2 tsp
Lime – 1 tsp
- Lightly pound the spices, then toast them in a pan for 30 seconds or less.
- In a pot, add two cups of water and to this add Pahari Roots Ing Makhir Ginger Powder. Then add in the toasted ingredients.
- Let it boil on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, till it’s well fused, then strain the water into a glass.
- Add in honey and lime and stir.
Drink it immediately when warm for an incredibly soothing and healing effect!
Recipe 2: Ginger-Spiced Apple Crisp
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 m
For the Apple Filling:
4-5 medium-sized apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced)
Ginger powder – 1/2 teaspoon
granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
For the Crisp Topping:
Rolled oats – 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces – 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking dish or pie dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss until the apples are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Transfer the apple filling to the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rolled oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt for the crisp topping. Mix well.
- Add the cold, diced butter to the crisp topping mixture. Using your fingertips or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the apple filling in the baking dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Serve the Ginger-Spiced Apple Crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Enjoy the warm and comforting flavours of ginger-spiced apple crisp! It’s a perfect dessert for the colder months or anytime you’re craving a sweet and cozy treat!!