Our Bird’s eye chili derived its name because of its seed’s dispersal by birds and its round
shape. Our spice is known to add punch to exotic dips and dishes. Our special Bird Eye’s
Chilli is grown in Dulongnar a small village in the Ri-Bhoi district of Meghalaya. The bird’s eye chillies from Meghalaya are fiery, pungent and fruity in taste and explode in flavours when added to curries, soups and pickles.
Here our local framers employ organic methods of farming in growing Bird’s eye chili. The presence of high capsicin provides chili powder with fruitful health aid. The spicy condiment can reduce swelling or redness in its consumers.
Organic Birds Eye Chilli Powder
(Locally known as sohmynken khnai in Khasi language)
Best to keep it airtight and away from sunlight.
Bird’s eye chili powder has a high nutritional value constituting Vitamin C, Niacin, Iron, and Potassium.
Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder is known to:
1. This spice has anti-cancerous and anti-bacterial properties which reduce bacterial
infections in the body.
2. Bird’s eye chili powder lowers the risk of diabetes due to its medicinal properties.
3. Consumption of this spice heals joint pain, treats infection, and reduces fungi on the
skin because of the capsaicin presence in the chili.
4. The capsaicin content in chili’s minimizes the risk factor for heart diseases in patients.
5. The chili powder can also be used in various pain relief medications because of its
high capsaicin component.
The powder can be added in exotic salads and pasta to Indianized pickles. The bird chili
powder is used in hot and spicy dips, sauces soups. This spice is an essential ingredient in
Thai cuisine because of its flavorful taste.
Bird’s Eye Chilli Flakes (Hand Pound with flakes)
We also have Birds Eye Chilli Whole from Mizoram