Pahari Roots Red Rice is cultivated in a fresh & natural environment i.e, in the Hills of Meghalaya. Our red rice is sourced directly from the farmer & has a pleasant aroma and unique earthy flavour.
Our rice is unpolished and has its natural colour. There is no artificial colouring, additives or any preservatives and is considered healthier than other rice varieties
It has antioxidant properties & is rich in fiber & nutrients like Vitamin B, Iron, Calcium and Zinc that provides energy to the body.
How to cook Red rice:
- Wash rice at least 5- 6 times.
- Soak rice in water for at least 30 mins.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add soaked rice and cook for 20 mins on medium heat stirring often. Check whether the rice is done by pressing the rice.
- Once it is cooked, drain the rice.
RedRice Dosa Recipe
- Red rice (3 cups)
- Urad dal (1 cup)
- salt to taste
- Soak the rice and urad dal together for the whole day.
- wash properly and blend.
- Add it to a vessel.
- Leave to ferment the whole night.
- Next morning add Salt to taste.
- Now the batter is ready to make fresh dosa for breakfast.
We also offer Manipur Black Sticky Rice