Looking for a tropical taste sensation that’ll tickle your taste buds and transport you to a sunny paradise? Look no further than our Pineapple Tidbits Tin! Packed with bits of sweet, tangy pineapple, these tidbits are bursting with flavor and will add a delicious touch of the exotic to any meal or snack. Perfect for adding to your morning yogurt, tuty-fruity themed cakes or desserts, in a salad, as an infamous “pineapple over pizza” or even just snacking straight from the can, our Pineapple Tidbits are a fun and fruity way to brighten up your day.
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake:
For the topping:
- Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup
- Packed brown sugar – 3/4 cup
- Pineapple tidbits, drained – 1 can (20 oz)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Ingredients for the cake:
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter, softened – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Large eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Reserved pineapple juice (from the canned tidbits) – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a 9-inch round cake pan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the butter.
- Arrange the drained pineapple tidbits on top of the brown sugar, and place maraschino cherries in the center of each pineapple ring, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the reserved pineapple juice and milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing well after each addition until the batter is smooth.
- Carefully pour the cake batter over the arranged pineapple and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate or platter, allowing the pineapple and caramelized topping to fall onto the cake. Gently lift the pan off the cake, being careful of any hot caramel.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. Serve slices of the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake with the delicious caramelized pineapple topping!