Black Sesame Seeds may be small, but they pack a powerful nutritional punch! These tiny seeds are loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats. Regular consumption of black sesame seeds may promote healthy skin, hair, bones, and heart. In addition, they may help regulate blood sugar, improve digestion, and boost immunity. Try incorporating black sesame seeds into your daily diet for a tasty and healthy boost!
ELLU URUNDAI Recipe (Black Sesame Laddoo)
Time: 15 mins
Black sesame seeds – 1 cup
Chopped Jaggery – 1 cup
Green cardamom powder – A large pinch
Ghee – for greasing
- Heat a shallow non-stick pan. Add black sesame seeds and dry roast on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or till they start to pop. Transfer in a plate and set aside
- Heat jaggery in a nonstick pan. Add ¼ cup water and mix well. Cook on medium heat till the syrup reaches 1 string consistency.
- Add black sesame seeds, green cardamom powder and mix.
- Grease your palms with some ghee. Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll into balls.
- Serve these delicious calcium rich sweet treats!